Our experience at Berwick of late is that autumn and winter weddings are on the up (not that we’re complaining, we love a winter wedding as much as the next excitable bride) but being the geeks we are, we find it interesting watching the wedding trends change and understanding why.
Let’s take August for example. Up until 2014, every weekend in the ever-popular month of August would be booked up a good year or more in advance. This infographic from our friends at The Wedding Secret shows that there were a whopping 40,255 August marriages in the UK in 2012, the busiest month of the year
So what’s changed? When asked, many couples said they presumed that August would be the busiest month of the year for weddings in the UK, they wouldn’t be able to find a venue with availability and that the prices would be sky high. Not so!
It is only about *10% more to hire a venue in the busier summer season, however, August is no more costly than April, May, June, July or September.
Here’s a reminder of all the fantastic reasons for having an August wedding:
- Lighter evenings means more time in beautiful gardens
- Have a great British barbecue in the evening – see our special offer for barbecues in August
- August is the International Balloon Fiesta month in Bristol – see those balloons overhead!
- Outdoor games are always popular for entertainment
- With a Bank holiday weekend in it, there’s a whole extra ‘weekend’ day to choose from
- Invite your friends to make a weekend of it in Bristol and visit the many food festivals taking place across the city
- A great month for mini-mooning in the UK with coastal Devon & Cornwall a short drive away
So if you like the idea of a true British summer time wedding, get in touch with me to discuss availability and prices for August 2017, on 0117 958 1590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*based on Berwick’s package prices
Thank you to Jenny Hardy Photography for this image of Helen and Paul’s summer fete themed wedding