625g Organic Whole Milk
5g Vegetarian Rennet
1 Egg Yolk
1 tbsp Champagne Vinegar
2 Quail Egg
100ml Pressed Rapeseed Oil
Fresh Summer Truffle
500g Broad Beans
Heritage Baby Carrots
200g Frozen Peas
100g Double Cream
50g Plain Flour
- For the curd heat the milk to 30c, add the cream and buttermilk, then slowly add the rennet without mixing, pour into a plastic container cover with a lid and steam for 1 hour 30 mins at 37c. once cooked hang in muslin until drained.
- For the mayonnaise cook the egg yolk over a simmering pan of water with the vinegar, then slowly add the oil till emulsified to a thick mayo, add some finely grated truffle and season.
- Pop the peas and broad beans from there shells then blanch in boiling water for about a minute then refresh in ice water, then pop again from there outer shells. Scrub the carrots and clean then blanch until tender.
- For the pea puree sweat the shallots then add the frozen peas cover with the double cream and cook till tender then blitz in a blender till smooth puree and pass through a fine chinois.
- Make a tempura batter with the corn flour, flour and iced water.
- To assemble dot the pea puree around the plate then dot the truffle mayo In between, place small amounts of the curd on the plate, warm the vegetables in a butter and stock emulsion, then scatter over and around the plate, then grate fresh truffle over everything dip the pea shoots lightly in the tempura batter then fry in hot oil till crisp and garnish.